Spring has sprung and the fruit and vegetable growing season has begun. Did you know the first plant to fully ripen in Spring is the strawberry plant? Here are more fun facts about strawberries:
• The most common strawberries grown commercially are Garden strawberries.
• By weight, strawberries contain more vitamin C than oranges.
• Strawberries are the only fruit with seeds on the outside.
• Strawberry plants are not classified as fruit plants, they are a member of the rose family, however the strawberry
is commonly known as a fruit.
• Since strawberry plants are in the flower family, instead of giving your loved one a dozen roses, give them a dozen
Strawberries are the most popular fruit to have in your Mix It and Top It froyos or in your strawberry banana Smoothie. Strawberries are very low in Saturated Fat, Cholesterol and Sodium. They’re also a very good source of Dietary Fiber and Manganese. So go ahead, add some to your froyo!